Saturday, August 3, 2013

When you least expect it

Anybody who has known me for any length of time knows that I have been warning people to prepare for something severe to happen since 2008.  A couple years ago it became clear that the worst possible outcome was going to be postponed and that would give us 2-3 years to begin setting back, storing up, and preparing for what is to come.

Unfortunately, rather than using this time to their advantage what has actually happened is that people have generally become complacent.  Though most people I talk to know "in their gut" that something is not quite right with the world, most also refuse to accept that the "new normal" will be unrecognizable to them.

The United States that used to be exists now only in the hearts and minds of those who lived through her past.  The modern USA has been co-opted by lobbyists and corporate interests that craft and twist legislation to serve their interests rather than the interest of the common man.  The currency is no longer sound and the marketplaces are manipulated.  Manufacturing has largely disappeared and with it has gone the strong work ethic that defined this nation for two centuries.

One of the things that I have been encouraging people to do is to prepare for a currency crisis.  There are many ways that one should do this, but chief among those ways is to buy some physical gold and silver and keep it in your possession.  I cannot stress this point any more that I am saying right now.  If you do not do this and do it soon, you may simply never have a chance to do so before it is too late.  No one rings a bell and tells you before your currency dies, it just happens one day.  There are warning signs, yes, but once the general public realizes that something is wrong, your time to prepare is over with.  Done.

As a financial advisor, I have heard many people over the years ask me why I didn't see this or that crisis coming and make adequate recommendations to avoid getting caught up in the crisis.  In general, it is because no crisis feels like a crisis before it happens.  It is when you least expect it that the rug is pulled out from under your feet.  This time, I'm offering fair warning.  There is a crisis on our hands and you had BETTER TAKE HEED of it.  You need to prepare in many ways.  I estimate that you have somewhere between 60 and 120 days left to prepare.  Of course, my timing could be off, but then again it might not.

The leadership of this country has been setting the example by engaging in disaster preparations for the past five years.  Recently those preparations have intensified in both frequency and in depth and strength.  Financial band-aids have been applied round the world while the wounds fester and ooze below the bandage.  We have the warning signs, but our normalcy bias tells us that in time everything will once more be okay, like it always has been in the past.

Our wealth as a nation has largely been a false prosperity - ushered in by an illusion of credit driven prosperity.  The manufacturing that used to back our economy, and the gold that used to back our currency is gone.  Reversion to the mean is in order, and it will not be slow or pretty.  I urge you once more, if you have not done so, to consider what life will be like for you if your currency collapses and to take appropriate action to prepare for it.

I have been studying alternative health for the past six or seven years so that I would not be beholden to the healthcare system.  I have been learning to garden for the past six years so that I would know how to grow at least a portion of my own food.  I have been exchanging some of my fiat currency for hard money so that I would have something tangible when the day comes that my paper dollar loses the bulk of its value.  I have been storing up some emergency supplies, in case my grocery store runs out of food and water. I have undertaken to learn some self-defense in case law enforcement is unable or unwilling to keep the peace.  I realize that I am a long way from where I need to be...but I have at least been moving in that direction.

My question to you is, if you knew that a significant disrupting event were on the horizon that would substantially alter life as you know it, would you prepare for it?  My belief is that that event is coming, and coming very soon.  In fact, I believe that it could be imminent.  Are you ready for it?  If not, what will you do to at least take a step of preparedness in that direction?  The significant event might be a bank failure (cyber attack), a war or terrorist attack, a severe natural disaster, a power grid failure, or any other number of possibilities.  But it is coming.

I urge you - in the strongest term - to get off your butt and do something about it.  If you don't, I simply can't help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment